15 Day Antarctica Cruise with Buenos Aires
Air & Land
Hotels/Plans Available for Departure Dates
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Jun 10, 2021 & Save!
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $3000|
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $3400|
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $3500|
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $3800|
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $4100|
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $10000|
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $14000|
Optional tours, and gratuities.
Land only prices does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Buenos Aires-Ushuaia & Ushuaia-Buenos Aires.
Passport information must be submitted to Gate 1 Travel at least 60 days prior to departure.
The route and program may vary according to weather condition, season changes and safety issues.
Please note that optional shore excursions can only be purchased locally.
While sailing with Hurtigruten, passengers are subject to the cruise line's Terms & Conditions which can be viewed at: Hurtigruten Passage Contract.
Triples are not available.
Please note that specific cabins cannot be requested. Your cabin number will be assigned upon embarkation.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Round trip flights Miami-Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires-Miami
Some departures may be offered from a nearby airport. Check flight itinerary options when booking. Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Buenos Aires-Ushuaia & Ushuaia-Buenos Aires
- 13 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Buenos Aires
- 10 nights Antarctica Cruise on the MS Fram
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel & cruise porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 33 meals: 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 11 dinners
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
This itinerary requires a high level of physical fitness. All passengers must be able to walk on uneven or slippery surfaces and to climb on and off the small boats used for landings. An expedition cruise is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking, have heart conditions or require frequent medical care.
- Navigate through the calm waters of the Beagle Channel in the Tierra del Fuego Archipelago
- An exciting journey takes you along the Drake Passage where the Atlantic & Pacific converge
- * From the observation deck view various species of sea birds, whales, dolphins, seals, penguins and the elusive albatross
- Reach the spectacular wilderness of the South Shetland Islands - a haven for prolific wildlife
- Learn about Sir Ernest Shackleton, the explorer who led the heroic Endurance expedition
- Exciting explorations by zodiac with expedition leaders in the glacial wonderland of Antarctica
- Watch as the evening light transforms icebergs into multicolor paintings in hues of blue and greens
- Traverse Cape Horn, once of great strategic importance because of its location and trade routes
- Onboard activities while at sea: enriching lectures, discussions and wildlife spotting
- Tour of cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, the sophisticated "Paris of South America"
- Enjoy Tango lessons with professional Argentine Tango dancers
- Welcome dinner reception
- Wine and beer included during lunch and dinner
- Panoramic lounge & bar
- Sauna, hot tub and indoor gym
- Complimentary wind and water resistant expedition jacket
- Complimentary walking poles and boots for all escorted landings
- Observation deck
- Non-smoking ship interior
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an very active trip. Our group covers a lot of ground each day, and we will spend 4-5 hours on our feet during tours. Some of our tours will require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes. Excursions during the Cruise portion require clothing for cold weather. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. All passengers must be able to walk on uneven or slippery surfaces and to climb on and off the small boats used for landings. The Antarctica cruise route, sightseeing, and itinerary inclusions are subject to favorable weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety issues and wildlife migration patterns. Weather and conditions in the Antarctic region are often unpredictable and the ship Captain will make adjustments according to passenger comfort and safety. At final payment date, a medical questionnaire will be sent that must be completed by a physician and turned into reception upon embarkation. This is a Classic program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
All sightseeing and itinerary inclusions are subject to favorable weather conditions and safety issues. Weather and conditions in the Antarctic region are often unpredictable and the Captain of the ship will make adjustments according to passenger comfort and safety
DAY 1 - Depart for Argentina
The Antarctica cruise route and program may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety issues and wildlife migration patterns
Gate 1 Travel itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
10 Day Ushuaia to Ushuaia - Cat. I InsideShip Profile
10 Day Ushuaia to Ushuaia - Cat. FJ Outside Limited ViewShip Profile
10 Day Ushuaia to Ushuaia - Cat. N OutsideShip Profile
10 Day Ushuaia to Ushuaia - Cat. U Superior Outside TwinShip Profile
10 Day Ushuaia to Ushuaia - Cat. F Superior Outside QueenShip Profile
10 Day Ushuaia to Ushuaia - Cat. Q Mini SuiteShip Profile
10 Day Ushuaia to Ushuaia - Cat. MG Grand SuiteShip Profile
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
We just got back from Antarctica with Paola as our guide. I wish you could clone her. We could not believe how attentive she was to all our needs. She went way, way above what we would have expected, including personally calling us every morning to make sure we were awake on the ship, and even helping us get into our gear. We called her our mother, because she never missed an opportunity to take care of us. Please let her know how much she meant to us and how special we thought she was! And that went for all nine of us!Deborah C. Cohasset, MA
This trip was incredible...can’t put into words how amazing Antarctica is. I feel fortunate that I was able to spend a few days in Ushuaia and enjoy Tierra Del Fuego before the expedition. Sylvia is fabulous! She is incredibly organized, really kind, and fun. She was able to connect with all in the group..The MS Midnatsol is a beautiful ship that handled the Drake really well. They organize the groups so that things are constantly moving and all have plenty to keep busy with. I never felt as though I didn’t have enough time on land and was not rushed. They go with the flow and are able to come up with many contingency plans depending on the weather, seas, and overall conditions ... Sylvia was able to arrange an additional tour to Tierra Del Fuego park following disembarkation as our flight was very late to depart for Buenos Aires, she always went above and beyond. I highly recommend any Gate 1 trip as they have all been really great.Michelle L. West Warwick, RI