Travel Protection Plan for Customers of Gate 1
Important: Below applies for customers who purchased insurance for new or existing reservations as of April 8, 2021. For customers who booked prior to April 8, 2021 and who elected not to upgrade their Travel Protection program, click here for details.
Life can be unpredictable. Even the best-planned trips can be impacted by the unexpected. And that is why we recommend that you help protect yourself and your investment by purchasing Travel Protection for your Gate 1 trip. At any time before you complete Final Payment, you may choose to purchase Travel Protection. The protection plan premium is non-refundable after a 10-day review period. In addition, you must be medically able to travel at the time the premium is paid.
Travel Protection Plan Highlights
- Cancel for Any Reason Waiver Benefit (CFAR) provided by Gate 1 Travel (non-insurance feature) is now included
- Medical Coverage for illness or injury, including COVID-19
- Trip cancellation, interruption and delay benefits
- Baggage loss or delay protection
- Pre-existing medical condition exclusion waiver, available if elected within 21 days of booking date (additional provisions apply)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- 24-hour emergency travel assistance (non-insurance services)
See full details of our Travel Protection Plan
About Arch Insurance Travel Protection
Travel Protection plan provided by Arch Insurance provides insurance coverage for your trip that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker. The purchase of this plan is not required in order to purchase any other travel product or service offered to you by your travel retailer. Insurance coverages are underwritten by Arch Insurance Company, NAIC #11150, under policy series LTP 2013 and endorsements thereto. Policies are administered by Arch Insurance Solutions, 1-844-827-9996, CA License #0I18111, TX License #1787195. Your policy is the contract that specifically and fully describes your coverage. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply and coverages may vary in certain states. Please refer to your policy for detailed terms and conditions. Consumer disclosures can be found at: https://gate1.archinsurancesolutions.com/disclosures
Cancel for Any Reason Waiver Benefit (CFAR) - Provided by Gate 1 (non-insurance feature)When you purchase our Travel Protection Plan, you receive our Cancel for Any Reason Waiver Benefit. You may cancel up to 72 hours before your scheduled departure for any reason not otherwise covered in the Travel Protection Plan.
- Independent or escorted tour reservations will be eligible for a future travel credit equal to the full cost of your trip, less the cost of initial deposit, airline-assessed fees, amendment fees, and insurance premium.
- Sea or river cruise reservations will be eligible for a future travel credit equal to 50% of the cost of your trip, less the cost of initial trip deposit, airline-assessed fees, amendment fees, and insurance premium.
Airline-assessed fees are generally $300 per person, but may be as much as fully non-refundable. Some non-refundable airline tickets may retain value, less airline-assessed fees. Your future air credit must be used to book with the same airline. Deadlines to rebook and complete travel vary by airline and may be as early as 12 months from when the tickets were originally issued (not the date of travel).
This program does not apply to custom groups and Antarctica cruises. Residents of New York, Missouri & Minnesota may purchase this Cancel for Any Reason Waiver Benefit separate from Travel Protection. Call to speak with a reservation agent for details. This Cancel for any Reason Wavier Benefit is not insurance and is provided by Gate 1 Travel.